Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas (Cards) - Day 11


Hello, me again! I can't decide whether to be proud of myself for keeping up with this challenge, ready to be finished, or sad that I'm almost done - I think it's a little bit of all of those!

Today's card is my second make and take for tomorrow's workshop. I really love how this one turned out. It came about because I wanted to use the Sassy Sparkles wheel, and I wasn't getting anywhere, so I searched the SCS gallery and ended up CASEing this card. I chose bordering blue for my lightest color, which I wheeled in soft suede, then layered onto real red and soft suede. I left enough room on the top and bottom of the suede layer to add some piercing. The ornaments are real red (I swear they are!) and on the center one I stamped a second time in bordering blue and punched out the snowflake to pop up the center. It seemed like the blue needed to be grounded by appearing somewhere else and this was the perfect solution. I used silver elastic cord to "hang" the ornaments and a sentiment from Christmas Greetings - I nearly missed this set in the catalog and I'm so glad I didn't!

OK, I'm off to work on some more workshop projects. Here's the blog candy reminder for today: leave a comment and you might win! Blah blah blah.... ;) (If you haven't been following my challenge all along then just go back and look at the previous posts - you'll want to comment there, too!)

7 comments:

Eryn said...

Wow! I just came across your blog from SCS and must say I love your cards....thanks for sharing them with us!!

Kathy Mc said...

Lori, I'm sure IRL this really pops as the Real Red doesn't look as rich as it should. Great design though and love the "popped up" snowflake in the center. It's sad to see Day 12 coming, but I know you'll continue to inspire us with your blog in many other ways.

Katherine said...

I love this set too. There is so much you can do with it, we made a really cute gift bag at my workshop last night.
What will I do when your 12 Days of Christmas is over? Its been a nice distraction the past few days!

cheryl said...

love the design on this its brillinant love cheryl x

megan nz said...

I am impresses. What is the last card going to be like after this wonderful journy though your cards.

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

I love the way you have made this card so detailed and yet so clean.

scrappingnana said...

This is very pretty. I like the design of the card. TFS
JoAnn (scrappingnana4@yahoo.com)