Sunday, November 22, 2009

I love my Etsy customers


Having an Etsy shop is so much fun, and I love when my loyal customers come to me with an idea and I get to create something special just for them. This project was a real joy to make. The request was for a frame that said "family" on it, in black, white, and light blue, with dry embossing and some scrollwork. I ran with those ideas and came up with this frame - I have to say, I just love it and may need to make one that I can keep!

I used the Bride specialty paper to cover the frame, which I'd painted with white acrylic paint. The sentiment was done on the computer and framed with one of the Gallery images. I really had fun embellishing this project. It took some thought as to how to get the dry embossing onto it - I ended up cutting out the Nestabilities label and the flower from the Birds & Blooms sizzlits with bashful blue cardstock and then embossing them with the finial press folder. Then I added more flowers - another smaller one from Birds & Blooms, one from Blossom Party, and one large chipboard flower that I covered with black craft ink and embossed with black EP. The scrolls are cut from the Tulipe die - I put the smaller pieces together with the larger ones to get more elaborate scrolls. Buttons (Sherbet and a couple black buttons I had on hand) threaded with cardstock gave the finishing touches. I really hope the recipient loves it!

3 comments:

Karoly said...

Lori - the frame is just gorgeous - and you are the best. Thank you for making such a beautiful frame that I know will be treasured.

Anonymous said...

You did a fantastic job on this! Congrats!

Unknown said...

This is one of the most gorgeous frames I have seen. Black and white is one of my favorite color combinations. Amazing! TFS!