Friday, November 6, 2009

The Twelve Days of Christmas (Cards) - Day 5


Five days into this challenge and I decided to do something different for today's card. I chose less traditional colors and made it a religious card. The layout is Beate's weekend sketch challenge.

For this card the colors came first - I thought the combo of rich razzleberry, bashful blue, and night of navy would be elegant and striking. I chose this image from Holy Triptych, which I stamped with basic black and colored with markers (the above colors plus close to cocoa and blush blossom). I wanted to make the star and halos stand out in some way, so rather than just coloring them, I added some two-way glue and gold galaxy glitter. Then to add a little more sparkle, I put more glitter in the corners of the card and on the scallops of the sentiment (which is from Many Merry Messages). Gold brads would have looked better, but I don't have any, so this will have to do. I may end up changing this one - I love how the image turned out, but I am not sure about the rest of it!

Don't forget to leave a comment on any of the Twelve Days of Christmas posts to enter to win the surprise blog candy that I've hidden somewhere during the challenge. My first post tomorrow will be for the OCC and will not be a Christmas card, but I will be sure to do a Christmas card as well. Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

cheryl said...

gorgues card love the colur scheme,love cheryl xxxx

ShortStack said...

I like the whole thing!
Love
LeAnn

Katherine said...

I have to agree, the whole thing came out great!

Tonya Klar said...

This is so serene and lovely! You did a fantastic job on this sketch challenge!

Unknown said...

Nice twist on this Christmas card.
Sharon L

Kathy Mc said...

This card is very elegant. Very nicely done!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and especially that image. TFS
JoAnn

Patty C said...

Nice Christmas Card of the Nativity. My friend just bought the set so, I can case your card! =)