Monday, July 14, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

Well. I am convinced that I should never - EVER - travel to DC again. Once again I got caught in a horrible line of thunderstorms - ground stops and awful weather from the Midwest all the way east. Flights were getting cancelled left and right, so it seemed like we were just waiting for the other shoe to drop on our flight. As of our departure time, the plane we were supposed to be on was still in NYC and had been on the runway for two hours already. Looking out the window, it seemed like storm clouds were gathering in DC, too.

My friend Rachel and I, who were traveling together, took a proactive approach since American (unlike Jet Blue last time) would let us rebook for this morning with no fee. We were able to get our luggage back and return to the hotel where the rest of our friends were staying for another night. We were missing the kids, but not entirely disappointed to have a little more time to visit. When I talked to Todd before we rebooked, he gave the the OK, and then said, "The kids are fighting. I gotta go. See you tomorrow." I think everyone is thrilled that I'm now home!

It was a fun weekend. High points: Tea at the Mandarin Oriental hotel; seeing the Muppet exhibit at the Smithsonian; yummy birthday cake for a friend that we didn't miss since we stayed last night; catching up with friends and getting a little time away. Low points: I brought only one pair of shoes and they gave me blisters. We spent about 3-4 hours yesterday simply riding the Metro because of some work being done on the tracks. Last night, goes without saying, but we made the best of it!

I hope there are good things in store for my stamping readers this week. First and foremost, my shipment of new catalog preview goodies looks like it will arrive tomorrow - can't wait! I'll be having a busy stamping day on Wednesday, with the IC as usual and then I'm hoping to have some projects using my new stuff to post later in the day. I will also have a non-card project and tutorial to show you, as soon as I can get the time. Thankfully it's not as involved as the flip book! ;)

Have a great week and happy stamping!

No comments: