Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #27: BabyGap nursery


I'm posting earlier than I normally do this week - tomorrow is just not going to be a stamping kind of day. I hope no one minds. ;) For this week's challenge I'm pulling out something that I've probably had for years but just found when cleaning Ben's room - a BabyGap ad for their BabyGap home stores. I have to apologize because this ad is the same size as our standard A2 cards, so it's tiny to start, and the stuff in the photo is even tinier. But I hope you can see well enough to find something to work with! Here's the best photo of the crib bedding I could get:


This challenge ended up working really well with the challenge posted on the Our Creative Corner blog, which is a fairly new Saturday challenge from a group of some of the best stampers out there. This is the first time I've played, but I couldn't resist the challenge: to use Basic Grey paper. I do really love it but since I stick primarily to SU products, I don't use it as often as I might otherwise. It was fun to play with some of my papers from the Sultry collection.

I wanted to do some paper piecing and my Great Impressions vase image is the best I have right now for that technique. And it just goes so well with the Savvy Stamps flowers that I had to pair them together once again. The vase was inked with a chocolate chip marker, only on the outline of the vase. Then I stamped the flowers in chocolate chip on the solid pink Sultry paper and overlaid the cut-out vase on top.

I wanted to pull in the brighter pink as well, so I found some Bazzill cardstock in my stash that matched. I layered the dot print with chocolate chip and the same print as the vase on the pink. For the background I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder on chocolate chip, layered it over the bright pink and then onto a very pale pink Bazzill card.

The ribbon is chocolate chip taffeta and was attached to the front of the dot panel and then the bow added separately. I am loving doing this thanks to the recent directions given in our Stampin' Success demo magazine: make two rabbit ears and wrap one around to tie into a bow. Works like a charm and couldn't be easier!

The sentiment is from Hero Arts and was stamped on the same pink solid paper, then circle punched with my SU 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" punches. The vase panel and sentiment are both mounted with dimensionals.

If you feel inspired this week I'd love to see what you come up with! The SCS keyword this week is DSIC27. Have fun and thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh...it's gorgeous...wow! That Sultry DP is beautiful! I'm so glad you played along with us at the OCC!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, thanks for playing with us, what fun.