Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Well, I lied

I wasn't going to stamp today but then something came up and I did need to make a card. I won't say who it's for - I don't *think* the person reads here but you never know!

I wanted to make a card for the new Verve Visual challenge on SCS - they have just become the newest member company and have issued a challenge to make a card with stars. It doesn't have to use Verve stamps - which is lucky for me since I don't have any yet! I've been eyeing a couple sets, though, and I'd love to try them out.

I decided to use the Classic Backgrounds SU set because it has both the large polka-dot star and the small star background. I stamped the large star in both blue bayou and basic black on soft sky and blue bayou cardstock. I ended up using only one of them full-size - the rest I punched little stars from the bigger ones. I also made some star frames, where you first punch the small star and then punch the larger one around it. Love those!

I wanted the card to say "Reach for the stars" but I don't have a stamp that says that, so I did it on the computer. To make my black "hardware" I layered the soft sky onto black cardstock, then added a partial 1/2" circle punch to each end and put a vintage brad in the center. If you don't look too close, it looks pretty real, LOL. To go behind it I stamped the small stars in black on a blue bayou panel, then I put that on a large soft sky panel and added a strip of grosgrain in the middle.

The stars were adhered on top with two-way glue and dimensionals, and the sentiment is on dimensionals also. Then I used a layer of black and a blue bayou top-folded card. It was pretty quick - and that was all the time I had today!

No comments: