Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rubber Stamping 101 class samples

My major project this week is to make some headway in planning some classes I'm hoping to teach at my local community ed program this fall. Right now I'm planning to offer Rubber Stamping 101 and 102, each for three weeks and each offered twice. The 101 class will cover the very basics, with the students making six cards total. The 102 class will include some intermediate techniques, such as embossing, and also I'll add a couple of ABC projects.

Since I wasn't sure if the 102 class was actually an option, I started out by making samples for the 101 class. I have to say, this has been really hard for me. Why is that?? I'm sure a big part of it is trying to keep it simple. That is not really something I think about when I'm making cards, so it's a good challenge. I've been doing some catalog CASEing because that gives me a good model to work from. I'm not 100% sure that all of these will be the actual cards I do in the class, but at least it's a start. I would really love some feedback on these!


Here's my Poppin' Pastels card. Stamps are Baroque Motifs, in night of navy and certainly celery.


I CASEd this card from last year's holiday mini catalog. I really like the color combo of pink pirouette and red riding hood red with old olive. The sentiment is from the new set Heard from the Heart - I can't resist anything with that cursive writing on it! Love it!


I'll use this card to demo very simple two-step stamping and the rock & roll technique. I got the original idea from p. 82 of the spring catalog but I think my card looks quite different. I used the It's Beautiful wheel along with the flower from A Beautiful Thing. I really love the combination of chocolate chip with the new baja breeze. The sentiment is from Hugs & Wishes.


Here's my watercoloring sample and I'm pretty sure this one isn't going to stay. I just ordered Pun Fun and I think I want to use that instead. This card was another CASE from the holiday mini. I used Fun & Fast Notes, the flower from Think Happy Thoughts, and a sentiment from Sincere Salutations. I like the layout but the colors (regal rose, rose red, mellow moss, bordering blue) just aren't working for me... I dunno. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all these projects--great uses of some wonderful SU! products!