Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hugs for a Friend

I haven't played a featured stamper challenge in a few weeks - but I couldn't miss today's chance to CASE Susiestampalot, who does such wonderful work! I loved this card and picked it for my CASE. I thought it would be a good chance to try out some more of the new In Colors.

The only color I hadn't used yet was pacific point, so I wanted to get that out today. It's pretty bright, but it's growing on me. I paired it with kiwi kiss and baja breeze. I kept the same layout, although I think my card looks skinnier than Susie's, or is it just me?

For my background I used one of the prints from the Bella Rose paper pack. I used pacific point cardstock on all the layers and had to keep the swiss dots CB folder for the kiwi panel. I stamped the images from Wonderful You on very vanilla cardstock, as well as the sentiment, which is from Hero Arts. (Something to add to my wish list for the new catalog: more sentiments that fit inside circles!) This card is going to a special friend who's having a rough time right now, so I hope this cheers her up.

Instead of dew drops I used Martha Stewart half-back pearls. The card was almost all done when I realized I'd forgotten the ribbon treatment. I'd read on SCS that the olive poly-twill ribbon from the spring mini catalog matches kiwi kiss, so I thought I'd give that a try with a little bow. It is a pretty close match... but I'm a very matchy-matchy person so I can't wait until we can get "real" ribbon for these colors, LOL.

That's gonna be it for today. I may not be around much this coming week, but you know how I get when I don't get to stamp, so let's cross our fingers!

1 comment:

craftyantoinette said...

Gorgeous card! I really like those colors together. And I especially like the DP. :-)