Monday, April 21, 2008

Catching up

Well, the diagnosis for my PC is not good, according to my friend. She thinks the hard drive is dead. So it's off to the computer repair place it goes, and I'm already fretting over all the things I won't be able to access for several weeks. Not to mention all the photos, video, and other stuff that I hope they can rescue...

I did manage to get my camera software loaded onto the laptop, so at least I can post photos now. I'm kind of amazed that the CD with the software was right where I thought it was and I was able to locate it in just a couple minutes of looking. That's a miracle, let me tell you.

So here is my post to catch up on the SCS featured stamper challenge from yesterday. The chosen stamper was sparklegirl, Silke Ledlow, who is very well known in the stamping world. In browsing her gallery I saw two cards I wanted to CASE and I even found time to do both yesterday.

The first is this card, which I CASEd from Silke's card here. I remembered this one from Beate's inspiration challenge (being the lover of ICs that I am) and had to turn it into a Mother's Day card. I changed the colors, the background stamp, and the sentiment, and also added an additional chocolate chip layer.

The blue paper is from the Porcelain Prints pack. I cut a 2 5/8" x 4" panel and then attached it to another panel of the same size, which I stamped with the En Francais background. I used chocolate chip ink but stamped off once first. I dirtied the edges with chocolate chip and stamped the flowers from Close as a Memory in chocolate chip in the center.

The sentiment from All Holidays is stamped on soft sky with chocolate chip and layered on chocolate chip. I liked how it looked with the panel offset to the left, since the blues didn't overlap so much that way. I used the chocolate chip poly-twill ribbon from the mini catalog (thanks to my upline for giving us all some at our last meeting!) and mounted the sentiment on dimensionals.

The second card I chose to CASE was this one. When I saw it I immediately thought that it would make a nice photo holder (see this post for instructions). I liked the dots but used them for the background, with the apricot paper from the hostess pack. I used the old olive paper pack for the floral panel and tempting turquoise for the accent color. I kept the same layout and stamps, and used vintage brads in the same places. I think it looks pretty sweet this way! I'll be looking for more ideas for these photo holders in the coming days since I'll need to make more for the May 7 fair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Lori - both cards are gorgeous!!! I love how you turned the first one into a Mother's Day card - the colors are just beautiful!!!

The second one is so cute for a photo holder - you are so clever!!!

Thank you so much for playing!!!