Saturday, April 5, 2008

For a savvy mom


Believe it or not, I actually found time to play the SCS inspiration challenge today! There is also a VSN stamping weekend going on with lots of fun challenges, but so far I haven't had time to participate. We'll see what tomorrow brings. In the meantime...

The challenge today was some very cool bedding by Boodalee. I loved the color combo of taken with teal, certainly celery, and basic gray.

My stamps on this card are (gasp!) not SU! I needed a few new things to supplement my Mother's Day stamp selection. I loved these images for the challenge, which had such a bold, geometric feel. The flowers and sentiment are by Savvy Stamps, and the vase is by Great Impressions. It took several steps to pull this together. First I stamped the flower image in celery to get the stems. Then I stamped it again in teal and cut the flowers out, then glued them over the celery flowers. Finally I stamped the vase on basic gray cardstock with basic gray ink, cut out, and put it over the flowers so they look like they're in the vase. I did something unusual with my celery ribbon and ran it under the vase before I attached it. I left it hanging loose until I mounted the image on the layers, then tied the knot.

The background paper here is by American Crafts - I thought it had the perfect geometric look and color. I used my photo corner punch and some Making Memories pewter brads to dress up two of the corners. Finally, I stamped the sentiment on celery in basic gray, then created my own word window by trimming and using my corner rounder punch on one end. One more brad and dimensionals and that's it! I really like this one and hopefully someone will love it for their special mom.

2 comments:

jjcreations said...

Very nice...I like how you pulled in the grey from the bedding. Your card looks great. Joan

Anonymous said...

Love those brads in the corners ... wonderful inspired card ... and Savvy makes such great little sentiments.