Friday, April 18, 2008

Going quiet

I'm definitely back in pre-craft fair mode. Making cards that are quicker and feeling more frantic about how quickly the time is going. That's made worse by the fact that the next two weekends I won't really be getting anything done - for good reasons, but still...

I spent some time watercoloring today, and I did one card to go with Beate's weekend sketch #44. The stamp is by Lockhart - they have some really lovely floral images. I stamped with black Stazon on watercolor paper and used my watercolor crayons (apricot, moss, and a few different blues!) to color it. I stamped the Savvy Stamps sentiment in brocade blue and added a corner rounder punched scalloped edge and some doodling (with white Signo gel pen) on the brocade layer. The papers come from the hostess pack in apricot and bashful blue. I did more doodling around the outside of the bottom layer - it just seemed to need something - and tied white taffeta ribbon around. I don't know what I think of this... I was going for something more sweet than elegant, and I guess I achieved it! I don't usually doodle on my cards, though, so maybe that's where my uncertainty comes from.

This card is a shameless CASE of Andrea Walford's card here. I thought it would make a great graduation card. The paper is by 7 Gypsies, and I matched it up with brilliant blue, ruby red, chocolate chip, and a bashful blue card base. The sentiment comes from Hugs & Wishes. I just love how you can combine the two star punches this way!

Finally, a card I did yesterday: I have been looking everywhere for some ribbon to match sage shadow (I must be one of those rare people that actually likes this color, LOL) and I found some at Michael's yesterday in the $1 rack! So I had to use it. I stamped the From the Garden flower in sage on vanilla cardstock, then colored in with pastels (sage, banana, apricot, and mustard). The background is barely banana cardstock and ink with the linen background, and the sentiment is from Great Impressions. I don't think the photo on this one really captures the color well - that's what I get for taking it at night.

Sorry if I'm not around much in the coming couple weeks. Tomorrow I'll be meditating for six hours (wish me luck) and whenever possible I'll be working on craft fair projects. I'll try to post what I can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, all three cards look wonderful!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

jjcreations said...

I really like the blue card. It's pretty. Joan