Thursday, September 11, 2008

Another masculine birthday card

The house is quiet... Ben is out with Todd and Sarah is sleeping... bliss! It's been a tough week.

I did a pretty quick masculine birthday card for my friend's set. At least I hope this is masculine! Sometimes I'm just not sure, LOL. I think I need one more masculine card - I haven't gotten an inspiration yet for another idea. So this is it for today!

This card started with the stripe from the Hawaii Papaya designer paper. That dictated the colors: tangerine tango, kiwi kiss, and chocolate chip. The tangerine is still a little tough for me... but I think this combo looks nice. I put a strip on the paper on top of two paper-pierced strips of chocolate chip cardstock, then mounted to a white card. The stamps are from Pocket Silhouettes in kiwi and chocolate chip, then layered onto tangerine cardstock. I did more piercing on the layer there.

The sentiment uses the Curvy Verses striped frame and the Bitty Birthday sentiment. I layered the punched image onto chocolate chip cardstock using Dannie Graves's technique here. I added just a bit of kiwi ribbon and mounted both stamped parts on dimensionals. Done!

Now I gotta go work on something for this weekend. Check back Saturday morning (well, probably late Friday!) for more!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Lori! Just popping in for a blog visit! This one definitely looks masculine. I have lots of trouble with the masculine cards. I LOVED that mini thank you note you included with my last order, and the stamp you used looks like it's from the same set. It's adorable -- I love the compact size. So many stamps are just too big, it seems.