Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I feel better now


I found time to do a quick card for today's SCS sketch challenge, and it made me feel like I've redeemed myself for this morning's inspiration challenge card, LOL.

I've been working on some card orders and one request was for masculine birthday cards. Always a challenge, right? Today's sketch seemed like a perfect opportunity to give it a try. I pulled some things I'd never used - Basic Grey Archaic papers and this palm tree image from Inkadinkado. I chose three different prints from the paper collection for the various sketch elements and sponged the edges with chocolate chip ink. I added a layer of close to cocoa cardstock (also sponged) and a baja breeze card base.

The palm tree was stamped in chocolate chip on very vanilla cardstock. I gave the edges lots of sponging. The sentiment from Sincere Salutations was stamped in chocolate chip on baja breeze and cut out with oval Nestabilities. I used a close to cocoa sponged scalloped oval for the layer. Some copper Making Memories brads and dimensionals for the sentiment - that's it!

No comments: