Friday, September 19, 2008

When you need to be quick...

CASEing does the trick! I'd seen this card a while back and thought how great it was, and it was the perfect card to CASE for today. I didn't have much time but I needed a card for a friend and also wanted to play the SCS limited supply challenge, which was to stamp cleanly on a white background. I hope I followed all the rules! :)

For this card I used my new Upsy Daisy set. (Nothing old on this card, really!) I inked the flowers in riding hood red on and then did just a little rock & roll with basic gray. This was harder than I expected! I cut the stamped image out with the Top Note Bigz die. It looks so great with this image. The sentiment was from the hostess set Best Yet.

To finish I added two strips of basic gray taffeta ribbon to a black panel and then mounted my die cut with dimensionals. It all went on a riding hood red card. Truly (not counting trial and error) this was a 10-minute card - and that's all I really had! Editing work is calling my name. I love the idea of this challenge, though, so maybe I'll get to come back and make another later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is an absolutely beautiful card! Congrats, Lori -- a challenge well met!