Sunday, September 21, 2008

My husband, always

Todd's and my 8th anniversary is coming up on Tuesday so I decided to use the featured stamper challenge for today to make his card. Today's stamper is Shannon (E3stamper) who is another amazing artist. There are so many talented people out there! Congrats, Shannon!!

This is the card I chose to CASE. I kept the color scheme and used the same stamp set (but a different image) and I changed a lot of the rest. Since this was a Julee Tillman sketch, I flipped it and modified a couple elements to make it more my own. I also added a background stamp, used DP for the bottom panel, and left off the ribbon since this is for my hubby. If you know Todd you know he's not the typical man, LOL, so he will appreciate the somewhat girly heart, I think - but I decided not to go overboard on the feminine stuff!

I first stamped the "Husband" panel (one of those great Paper Inspirations stamps) in chocolate chip craft ink on very vanilla cardstock, then embossed with clear EP. I did the same with the heart from the Always set, but on sage shadow cardstock. I cut the heart out and used the long rectangle Nestabilities for the sentiment. Here's my only gripe about the Nestabilities... you can't layer the long rectangles very well other than using one plain and one scalloped rectangle. I wanted to emboss my large chocolate chip panel but it just wasn't the right size. Otherwise, I really love these things.

OK, enough of that. I finished the card with a vanilla panel stamped with the Linen background (stamped off once first). I added a panel of paper from the Autumn Vine collection in the new SU mini. Love it! The last touch was three dark brown DCWV brads. I mounted the heart on dimensionals and that was it. I really like how this turned out and hope that Todd does, too.

No comments: