Wednesday, September 24, 2008

File this under "Better late than never"

I realized that I never got around to posting photos from our trip. You know, the one back in August? Yikes. I think I always felt overwhelmed because there are 193 of them and I didn't know how I would possibly choose. So I guess I'll just try to hit the highlights, with minimal explanation!

We were first in northern Indiana with my dad and stepmom. One day Grandma Chris and I took the kids to their neighborhood pool and the kids had a fabulous time.





Next we headed down to Indianapolis to spend some time with my mom and stepdad, and my brother and his family. The kids got their first boat ride, we went to the Indiana state fair, and had lots of fun hanging out together. Ben and Sarah had a great time playing with cousins Jacob, Mary, and Hannah - Hannah, who has had two heart surgeries, is doing great, as you can see!






Our next stop was Jackson, MS, where my father-in-law got married on August 16 to Joyce Hinton. We arrived on the 15th, when we met Joyce and her family. Joyce's condo complex had a pool so we got to do some more swimming.



The wedding was small but very lovely - the kids especially enjoyed the reception, which was at the home of the couple that introduced Jerry and Joyce. The husband is another carriage enthusiast like Jerry so we got to take a ride. Joyce is wonderful and we wish them every happiness!




No comments: