Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Inspiration Challenge #33: DwellStudio baby pillows


I happened across Velocity, a site with a wealth of inspiration, and had lots of fun browsing their items. I chose these baby pillows for the challenge this week.

I zeroed in on this pillow in particular - I wanted to do something different from the blues and browns I keep coming back to! I used pink pirouette, kiwi kiss, always artichoke, and whisper white for my colors and thought the new Season of Friendship set in the holiday mini would be perfect. I also tried to emulate the clean lines and pretty feel of the pillow in my card.


I first stamped the tree with artichoke ink on white cardstock, then added kiwi leaves. I used an EK Success flower punch and pink pirouette cardstock for the flowers, which were attached with two-way glue and embellished with a dot of Frosted Lace stickles. Tip of the day: I forgot how long stickles take to dry. I should have gotten a head start last night! I also should have been more careful not to smudge, but oh well. Also, this image is huge! But I think it looks okay with the edges trimmed off, which I had to do to stay with the sketch.

The background uses retired artichoke paper for the large layer, and for the smaller panels, kiwi paper from Hawaii Papaya and one of the pink pirouette patterned sheets. I put the artichoke panel onto a pink panel and then onto a white card and layered all my smaller panels onto artichoke cardstock for definition.

The sentiment is by Hero Arts and was stamped in artichoke on pink cardstock then circle punched and layered onto kiwi and artichoke. I mounted it on dimensionals and I ended up placing it differently than in the sketch so I wouldn't cover up my tree. The final touch was some kiwi striped ribbon tied through a slot punched in the pink panel. It just needed something up there!

I kept it pretty simple today... as usual, not much time, plus I have my first cold of the season and I'm not feeling so hot. But seeing your creations for my challenge would cheer me up! :) This week's keyword for SCS is DSIC33, and don't forget to link with a comment here so everyone can go look. Have a great day!

No comments: