Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thanks for the inspiration!

I had to get in a card for today's SCS inspiration challenge. Stephanie picked a very cool set of dishes from Rosanna. I combined my card with Beate's weekend sketch challenge - having a layout to work from always helps me along when I'm pressed for time, and this was a great sketch.

When I looked at the dishes the brown and white plate reminded me of the pretty pattern backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms. I stamped it with white craft ink on chocolate chip cardstock. The other background panel is baja breeze cardstock stamped with the Stitched background in baja breeze. That color came from the gorgeous medallion plate.

The third plate I chose to emulate was the large green leaf. I inked one of the swirl stamps from Stitched Exotics with old olive ink and made it into a border using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I added a sentiment from Wonderful Words in chocolate chip ink. As I assembled the elements together I added a strip of 5/8" olive grosgrain ribbon to cover the seam between the two background panels.

Finally, I decorated my panels with baja breeze flowers stamped from Stitched Exotics and punched with the five-petal punch. The centers seemed to need something so I added some pewter brads that I've had forever - doing my best to pare down my stash! I think they are by Making Memories. These brads are super big so I mounted the flowers with pop-up glue dots. I cut out a couple olive leaves to put with the flowers and glued them with two-way glue.

Thanks for two fabulous challenges, Stephanie and Beate!

1 comment:

Beate said...

Gorgeous card! Love what you did with the sketch!
Thanks so much for playing! Hugs and smiles