Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

No time for stamping here today. My post-craft fair project: cleaning and (re)organizing my stamping space. The (re) is both in the sense of putting everything back where it belongs and finding new places for things that just can't seem to make it back to where they've been living recently. I think tomorrow a field trip to the Container Store is in order. Love that place! I need something for my punches. The two ideas I've seen - using a hanging shoe bag or hanging them on the wall - won't work in my space. I need something better than a cardboard box.

I thought it might be fun to share our organizing tips, favorite products that help us stay organized, etc. One thing I've made good use of is those plastic containers that lots of things come in at Trader Joe's. They have lids, and are in great sizes for storing various things. I use them mostly for ribbon, adhesive, and embellishments. The other thing I've realized is that a big problem for me is putting things back when I'm done with them. I tend to leave them on the table, and then my stamping space gets gradually smaller and smaller until I have about a six-inch square to work with. Seriously. But it vastly helps me to store things close to my stamping table - I'm much more likely to put them away then. So now I need to figure out how to get my stamps, ink pads, ribbon, and cardstock/papers all in places where they're more organized and accessible. Wish me luck! I'm not brave enough to post before pics - my mom reads this, after all - but I'll post after pics and share if I find anything that works really well!

No comments: