Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Well, this WAS a challenge

I told myself that no matter what, even though I have freelancing work piling up and lots more cleaning to do, I was going to do the SCS color challenge today. Emily picked a doozy - orchid opulence, pumpkin pie, and certainly celery. I wasn't too sure about these colors together but in the end I think it worked pretty well for this card.

I knew I had DP in both celery and pumpkin pie - the monochromatic pack in celery and the pumpkin in the Bali Breeze collection. I decided to use the Fan Club monthly sketch challenge for the layout. (You should definitely join the Fan Club if you haven't already!) I also thought that the new Sale-a-Bration set called Friendship Blooms would be the perfect set for these funky colors. I decided to use a large piece of celery DP for the background, since that is my favorite of the three colors, LOL. Then I cut the piece of pumpkin paper and layered on top two orchid strips that were stamped in Versamark. I added the celery ribbon around the panel. The main flower is stamped in orchid, then masked off for the leaves to be stamped in celery. I used my blender pen to fill in the leaves and add orange accents to the flower. After I cut it out I thought it needed something else so I put an orchid scallop punch behind the cut out and mounted on dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment onto the celery paper and then added three cut flowers on dimensionals. It was pretty quick and easy, and I like it a lot more than I thought I would!

No comments: