Friday, February 22, 2008

Stampin' the blahs away

It's one of those days that just feels like I'm slogging through mud and can't do anything - it's snowing outside, I'm kinda dragging from the Botox and/or a little immune reaction to it, or something... Todd took Ben down to the basement to play for a while so I decided I'd tackle a challenge or two.

This card is for two challenges: Beate's weekend sketch challenge (click here) and the SCS limited supply challenge, which is always one of my favorites. The sketch seemed like one that could really make a pretty piece of paper shine, and I've been hoarding this Cosmo Cricket Dutch Girl collection for a while now. It was so hard to actually cut into it! I chose the strip piece for the large square and then liked how the red looked behind it. I cut the strip panel small enough that some of the red pattern would show.

The flower from One of a Kind was stamped onto the blue solid from this collection, first in real red and then in river rock, and then I cut out the two largest portions to layer together. I also stamped the three small flowers in red on the same paper and punched them out, with the six-point flower as the center of the large flower. It's all mounted on dimensionals on a large Marvy scallop circle in yet another print from this gorgeous collection. The LSC for today was to use handwriting, and while I think I have nice writing, I didn't trust myself to overdo it. I went with "Mom" written in red Sharpie on a section of the strip paper, then punched out (along with the red) with my SU oval punches and mounted with dimensionals. A little organdy ribbon goes around the strip panel, which is again mounted with dimensionals. To dress up the red panel I scalloped one edge with my corner rounder punch and then let more of the pattern show by offsetting the strip panel more toward the top left corner. It all went onto a white card that will say "Happy Mother's Day" inside. (Yes, you will be seeing Mother's Day cards a lot here, since that is what I'll need for my May 7 craft fair!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
Hugs and smiles