Sunday, May 2, 2010

And we're off

This coming Friday I'm doing a card buffet. I haven't done one since my Twelve Days of Christmas, and obviously I don't have twelve days to get my ten cards ready this time - so it's going to be one busy week of cardmaking! I can think of worse things...


My first card was inspired by the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS. It's been ages and ages since I did a challenge over there. This week the featured stamper is Michelle (aka eliotstamps) and from her gallery I chose this spotlight card. Can you believe I've never done this technique before? I thought that the roses in Elements of Style would be a great image for spotlighting.

I first stamped the image with basic black on whisper white, then punched out a portion with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I used the Circle Scissors Plus to make the black layer circle. I colored the punched image with melon mambo, rose red, old olive and always artichoke markers. Since we don't have border embossing tools, I made the card base vertical and just embossed the bottom with the dot embossing folder. I had to just use a band of ribbon behind the image, and instead of eyelets I used pearls from the Pretties Kit. Once I mounted everything on dimensionals, the card was done, so it's pretty quick and easy, but I think the result is beautiful.

OK, one down and nine to go! If I can manage to get time to blog about my cards as I make them, you will hopefully be seeing more of me this week, and once this week is over, my goal is to find time to play more challenges and post more often than I have been lately. We'll see if I can make that happen. Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

cheryl said...

oh i too have not done this technique for ages,and you have done a brilliant job with this so love that stamp hugs cheryl xxxx