Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's that time again


Club time! With the last weekend of the month being a holiday weekend my club rolled around quickly this month. We're going to make this card for Father's Day card - it's a really simple card and you could even leave off the piercing to make it simpler yet. I got my original idea from this card - but I did the unthinkable and didn't make a note whose blog it came from! Sorry to whoever made this originally - please tell me if you know who should get the credit!

I like to teach my club members at least one new technique each month. This is one that's really fast and easy but it's such a wow. I used the plain sheet from the chocolate chip designer paper pack, ran it through the Big Shot with one of our texture plates, then sanded the design with a sanding block. It only works with this paper because it has a white core. From that panel I punched out a large star and placed a piece of so saffron textured cardstock behind it. The background panel is from the Sweet Pea paper (retired, I know... but my clubbies are OK with that) on a layer of so saffron, which I pierced all the way around. Then I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto bashful blue, added a bit more piercing and a Latte button (threaded with a tiny strip of the same chocolate chip DP), and put it all together on a bashful blue card base.

I have a lot of cards to make this week, so if I get time to post them, you'll be seeing more of me in the next few days... it's a busy week so we'll see how it goes! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

dictionar german said...

Yup. This is very awesome!...sorry this is beyond awesome. >:D<