Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gathering of Stampers

Tomorrow I'm cohosting a shoebox swap with my upline, Nola. My two main tasks for this were to prepare two card projects and make the party favors. I'll start with the cards... they are supposed to be springy and simple so I hope I satisfied both requirements!


My first card was a combination CASE from the mini catalog (bright colors with the hostess stamp set Punched Posies) and Andrea Walford. I used real red, pumpkin pie and tempting turquoise for my stamped and punched flowers, and old olive textured cardstock for the leaves (done with the extra large bird punch). Each flower got a black vintage brad in the center. The background is retired turquoise DP stamped with a sentiment from On Your Birthday, plus more cardstock layers. I finished off with a strip of black satin ribbon. It's official - I now have this ribbon in every color. Love it!


My next card was inspired by a photo I saw browsing online stores - I didn't seem to save the link! It was a set of cards with layered butterflies in bright colors. I thought it would be pretty easy to make something similar with the Big Shot dies. I used bermuda bay, regal rose, so saffron and rich razzleberry. The sentiment is from Trendy Trees.

I decided to make a box for the party favor. It's pretty much a CASE of this one by Angie Juda, with a die-cut and embossed butterfly on the front. Inside I used a box rather than a bag, based on the box that's inside the purse shown here
Attached to each box is a luggage tag using more of the Sweet Pea papers and the bird punch. I thought these turned out pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself... good thing I get to keep one for myself! And if you are dying to know what's inside the treat bags, it's white chocolate party mix. This stuff is really good, and really addictive... don't say I didn't warn you!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow realy love these the cards are all so beautifully designed and detailed love cheryl xx

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Great cards! Love them all!