Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I couldn't help myself

I got out my Copics for this card. It's been a long time, and I nearly forgot how fun they are to play with. I made this card for the first challenge in the SCS clean and simple design team tryouts. I don't know if I'll make it to the next round, but I had to try! This challenge called for using a person or character, and I discovered I'm sorely lacking in stamps in that department. So I went hunting for a digi image and found this one at Squigglefly. The colors came from the Making Memories embellishments I picked - another component of the challenge was to use a bold ribbon. I hope this is bold enough - it was tough for me!

The layout was inspired by the Mojo Monday challenge, but I didn't stick with the sketch in the end - the image was just too big! The colors worked well with bermuda bay and cameo coral, so I chose background papers in those colors. The coral comes from the Pink Flamingo papers, and the bermuda bay solid DP was embossed with a texture plate and sanded. I finished off with a Well Scripted sentiment. I have to say, I think it turned out pretty cute. And I may be tempted to get those Copics out again before too long...

1 comment:

cheryl said...

this is gorjus great image and beautifully colured too hugs cheryl xxx