Monday, May 24, 2010

Happiness is... summer!

I decided I wanted to play along with today's clean and simple challenge at SCS. The theme of the day is summer, so I brought out some bright colors and glittery flowers for my card. The flowers and "leaves" are two of the images in the hostess set Punched Posies. I made them sparkly with the help of heat and stick powder and Fine Supernova glitter. The striped paper is from the summer mini's Island Oasis collection. This print actually has a red stripe in it, which I didn't want, so I trimmed down the strips and put them onto old olive cardstock. Nice optical illusion, eh? I added a circle die-cut from the turquoise dot paper from the same pack, then a layer of olive cut with the Circle Scissors Plus. For the background I used so saffron DP, then I finished off with a Warm Words sentiment and just a bit of piercing, and two pumpkin pie Sherbet buttons tied with linen thread. Now I feel ready for summer, which I guess it's going to feel like around here tomorrow... bring it on!

No comments: