Saturday, May 29, 2010

Black and White Wedding



It's the last week of May challenges over at Our Creative Corner - and it's a great end to the month. Our hostess, Loretta Lock, is challenging us to create a black and white card with lots of texture, and there's a bonus element: use text as the focal point. I'm not sure what I think of this card - I think it was a good idea but maybe it didn't turn out quite like I envisioned... oh well!

The sketch comes from Jen del Muro. It was the perfect sketch since I had decided to take this stamp from Everything Nice and split up the two sections of text, then repeat "forever and always" three times. To get some texture I embossed with both black and white EP. The designer paper on the left comes from the retired pack Day and Night, and on the right I used the square lattice embossing folder. I embellished the card with Scribble Swirls cut from textured whisper white cardstock, flowers punched with the Itty Bitty flower punch and topped with Pretties Kit pearls, and black grosgrain and white satin ribbons.

Be sure to stop by the other OCC team members' blogs and see what they came up with - their creations are always amazing! Then be sure to play along since we love to see what you make each week. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Great work on this challenge, Lori. Your card has an almost vintage feel to it so of course I love it! I like how you used white to stamp one of your sentiments. B&W always makes me want to try a negative/positive effect. Love the flourishes too!

LorettaL said...

Lori, I hadn't seen this sketch by Jen, but it is spectacular and you used it so perfectly for your challenge card!

Wendy J. said...

Lori, this is beautiful! I really like the white words on black paper! I always love that look but don't like to do it! Great job!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Lori! I just LOVE the layout and gorgeous swirls! I hope you don't mind if I case your cards sometime!

Have a fun weekend ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

Diane Gilbert said...

This is soooo pretty, I LOVE the layout, the DSP and the swirls are perfect! Hope your having a great weekend!!