Thursday, May 6, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #27




















Welcome to this week's challenge! I found this gorgeous photo at The Inglenook Decor - it had such beautiful colors and textures.

For my card I used the sketch challenge of the week that was posted on Stampin' Connection (for SU demos) - but I did play around with it a bit! I couldn't help myself. The sketch had three cut-out elements so my idea was to make a stenciled lattice with the Big Shot die (going gray sponged on whisper white cardstock) and put butterflies on top of it. I chose the butterfly from Great Friend, and with inspiration from the iridescent butterfly in the photo, I embossed it on basic gray cardstock using iridescent ice EP. The background is a panel of going gray textured cardstock stamped with the Sanded BG stamp in basic gray. Over that I added a panel of paper from A Walk in the Park, a strip of basic gray satin ribbon, and three rhinestone brads. Finally I used a sentiment from the same stamp set with oval punches.

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Anne

Chris

Donna

Julie

Kerri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on online forums will be DDIC27. Have fun and look for the next challenge on May 20!

9 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Lori!! Love your gray and white combo, the butterflies and your layout! Beautiful take on the inspiration.
Have a good day!
hugs,
Chris

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I really love that bg as the lacy frame part of the inspiration picture!! Wonderful placement of the butterflies, and serene look to it all! This was a fab photo to work with. Thanks, Lori!!!

Diane Noble said...

Love your card, Lori! I'm glad you played with the sketch and further inspired us. GREAT idea!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Lori! Love the sponged/stencil bg and wonderful butterflies. Very elegant look!

Kerri said...

Oh, that lattice background is gorgeous, as are your embossed butterflies!!! Everyone created beautiful cards with this inspiration pic! Thanks for the fun challenge:)

Donna said...

Gorgeous, Lori. That background is so cool and those glittered butterflies are making my heart flutter! I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I can always be sure to find inspiration when I come to your blog!

Anonymous said...

Here is my card

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous card and a gorgeous inspiration photo!

You can see my card HERE.

Thanks for a fun challenge!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Lori!!!
I didn't even notice the butterflies in the photo until I looked at your card then I went back to the photo to see them! Isn't it funny how different objects jump out of the picture for different people! My eyes were fixed on the shiny shells! :)
Thanks for always finding great inspiration for us!
Blessings!

... Joyful Stamper: Squigglefly #48-Embossing