Thursday, May 20, 2010

Divine Diva Inspiration Challenge #28




















For this week's challenge we have this fun photo I found at Macy's. Aren't these fun colors? I just realized that we've had butterflies in the challenge for two weeks in a row, but I guess they are popular right now so I hope no one minds!
I strayed a little farther from the inspiration photo than I intended, but it's all part of the process, right? For my colors I pulled out rich razzleberry, melon mambo, old olive, and whisper white. I used Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try (although I cheated a little on the strip that was supposed to go all the way across - this just worked better on my card).

Looking at the purple flowers on the makeup case, I was inspired to pull out my Live Your Dream stamp set. I will probably never part with these stamps - I just love this flower image so much. I colored it with markers and cut it out with Nestabilities. The stamp set even has a tiny butterfly, so after sponging the edges with razzleberry ink, I added my little butterfly cutout. The background is the (retired) So Swirly wheel on a white card base, with DP from Cottage Wall and the melon mambo pack. I added a sentiment from Short & Sweet, punched with the modern label punch/Movers & Shapers, and a razzleberry bow with a Playground olive button tied with linen thread.

Be sure to check out the cards made by all the Divine Divas for this challenge!

Anne

Chris

Donna

Julie

Kerri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on online forums will be DDIC28. Have fun and look for the next challenge on June 3!

11 comments:

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is beautiful, Lori! I love the colors and image. The scallop oval and ribbon are just fabulous.

Donna said...

Oooh, I love those flowers, too! They are perfect for the inspiration. Great card...as always!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning design!! I just love your flowers and colors!! You have inspired me to pull out this stamp set to play with!! Gorgeous take on the inspiration!!
hugs,
Chris

Kerri said...

OOH, this is so beautiful, Lori!!! That is one stamp set I always see and wish I had. Love those flowers! Thank you for another great challenge :)

crafterGM said...

What a pretty card. Here is my Card Thanks Gloria M

Kim Mc said...

Fabulous! Here's mine!

Aloha, Kim Mc

Katie said...

Great inspiration!
Here's my card

Peggy said...

Great photo! Here is mine

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful!

here's mine:
... Joyful Stamper: Belli Challenge #92-Flat Belli & a Sketch

blessings!

Hazel said...

Lovely inspiration and pretty card. My card using the purple on the make up bag is here x

Anonymous said...

Here is my card