Saturday, May 22, 2010

Watercolor Birthday

Welcome to another Saturday and another challenge with Our Creative Corner. This week our hostess, Loretta Lock, gave us a fun sketch challenge. I kept it pretty simple this time around. I'm featuring the stamp set Watercolor Trio from the summer mini catalog. The main image was colored with melon mambo, not quite navy and certainly celery markers, then stamped on whisper white and cut out with Nestabilities. Behind that I put a certainly celery panel that was stamped generation style with another image from the stamp set. The bottom paper panel comes from Razzleberry Lemonade, with a sentiment from Sincere Salutations. To embellish I added a couple not quite navy buttons that I'd tied with embroidery floss and a simple white taffeta ribbon, and the final touch was to pierce the scallops on the not quite navy oval.

I hope you'll go check out the sketch and the rest of the design team samples at the OCC blog - we always look forward to seeing what you create!

6 comments:

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

THis is GORGEOUS, Lori...love that flower and the happy color palette!!!!!!!

LorettaL said...

Lori, I love your card! You did such wonderful things with the sketch!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Divine as always, Lori. That color combo is always a winner with me and very partial to buttons and bows I this is a feast for the eyes for me!

Sarah Gough said...

So gorgeous Lori! I love your colours!

Unknown said...

Great job with the sketch! Love those colors. Just gorgeous!

Julie Leblanc said...

Love that stamp set and the colours just go so well with all of it... tfs!