Tuesday, May 20, 2008

How will I ever catch up?

Well, I'm home, and I had a great time at FSU. The singing was wonderful, and so was reconnecting with a lot of old friends, professors, and colleagues. I stayed up too late, ate great food, and just relaxed and enjoyed every minute. Sorry, no photos to share, though!

I made a list this morning and ended up with eight challenges that I'd like to do. Eight!?! I don't know that I can actually do that many and still keep up with the new ones that come along every day. Not to mention I have no idea what tomorrow's inspiration piece is for my own blog challenge. And I am of course still trying to catch up on my freelance work as well.

You can bet that if I'm going to do all eight challenges, there's going to have to be some multitasking going on. Here's today's effort - I'm not thrilled with the result, but I'm all out of time. This card uses three challenges: today's color challenge of soft sky, certainly celery, and blue bayou; last Friday's limited supply challenge, which was to make a sentiment with alphabet stamps; and Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge to use a trio of panels.

When I thought about these three colors together, I thought of a baby boy card. I haven't made a baby card in ages! For my three panels I used the same dot print from the designer paper packs of each color. I really love having these on hand; I have all the colors that I use frequently and it makes for quick cards when you need them.

The baby carriage from Fun & Fast Notes was stamped in blue bayou and then colored with celery marker and a blender pen and soft sky reinker. I cut it out and mounted to a celery panel. I made the sentiment with my Typeset Alphabet Lower set, using some generation stamping to vary the color of the blue bayou ink. I stamped the letters close together so that I could cut the words out. I glued the words to the celery panel as well.

All the panels are sponged with blue bayou ink. I finished off the layers with blue bayou cardstock, my ticket corner punch, and some vintage brads. The soft sky card base is a 5 1/4" square, and the center panel is mounted on dimensionals.

Sigh... I feel like this card isn't done somehow, but I don't know what I would add... suggestions? I need to move on with my day, though. Sometimes you just don't get into the groove, you know? Hopefully tomorrow!

No comments: