Saturday, May 24, 2008

Somebody stop me

I guess I'm going to have to quit making cards now, LOL! This is my monochromatic red card for the inspiration challenge, and that's going to have to be it.

I started with the embossed border - the stamp is by Impression Obsession, and it's on ruby red cardstock. I stamped the image four times to make a square border and embossed with clear EP. I cut layers of a darker Bazzill red cardstock and blush blossom, then used my EK Success scalloped corner punch on each panel.

To add flowers to the borders I used those sweet Michael's bridal shimmery flowers, colored with blush blossom marker and accented with Making Memories copper brads.

The center features a Savvy Stamps sentiment and three flowers: one more of the Michael's flowers and two flowers from Delight in Life, embossed on ruby red and cut out, then mounted on dimensionals.

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

Very pretty....I like the red embossing! Joan