Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weddings on the brain?

We are getting ready for a pretty significant wedding in our family. Five years ago this June, my mother-in-law passed away suddenly at the age of 62. I was pregnant with Ben at the time and it really shook all of us. This summer my father-in-law is getting remarried - I am thrilled for him and we are making plans to attend the wedding, so maybe that led me to make a wedding card today.

When I saw the color challenge for today (sage shadow, chocolate chip, and very vanilla) I thought I might try it for this week's Christmas card, but nothing really seemed right. Then I remembered that the Tie the Knot Simply Scrappin' kit uses chocolate chip and vanilla, and there is a beautiful floral print there that I thought would make a lovely wedding card. Of course I reached for To Have and To Hold - my most favorite wedding set.

I first stamped the couple and the flower border with chocolate chip ink on vanilla cardstock. Then I took my only the very slightest bit wet Aqua Painter and my sage ink pad and did some shading and coloring. I did the same with the hair and my chocolate chip ink pad. Just goes to show, if you're careful you can do a tiny bit of watercoloring on regular ink without a lot of blurring on the image. It's a fine line, though! For accents I used my Sakura clear glitter pen.

I layered the floral paper onto a sage panel, leaving enough of a border to add the piercing. All of the panels are edged with chocolate chip. The couple was punched with my largest Marvy circle punches, and then I added piercing and a little glitter pen to the scalloped circle.

I stamped the sentiment, colored it as before, and cut it out, then attached it to chocolate chip cardstock and cut out a little border around it. Once I had all the elements done, I played around for a good while with how to lay out the card. I had to get the vanilla taffeta ribbon on there somewhere! I like what I ended up with, and I really like these colors together - even though I was unsure about the combo at first. But then, I think just about any color would look good with chocolate chip, LOL!

No comments: