Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I think I'm done.

I am so over Mother's Day and Father's Day cards! I made one more of each this morning and I'm calling it quits for this event.

Here's my card for today's color challenge: lovely lilac, pretty in pink, and certainly celery. A nice and springy combo, and although I rarely use lovely lilac, it's not a bad purple, LOL. I just like the plum colors better.

This card is a CASE of a Hero Arts card in an old Paper Crafts magazine that I had. Sometimes I get the urge to go back through them and find a card I intended to CASE and never did, and today I did two of them.

I first stamped the polka dot background with white craft ink on lilac cardstock. Then I stamped the large flower from the Sale-a-Bration set Friendship Blooms onto a sheet of vellum. Tip of the day: This took FOREVER to dry - or I should probably say "is taking". It's probably not even dry yet - but I'm not touching it to find out! Hopefully I can put it into an envelope before I leave for the fair in the morning.

For the pink and celery flowers I used the same stamp and ink, then cut them out and put a Making Memories button brad in the center of each. I've had these for a very long time but never used them before!

The sentiment by Savvy Stamps is stamped in lilac on celery cardstock. I made my own word window by rounding the corners, then added two more button brads and mounted with dimensionals. The celery flower is also mounted with dimensionals. This one was very simple, but not exactly fast if you include the drying time!

Here's card #2. Another Paper Crafts magazine CASE. This card was super quick - I made it while the craft ink for card #1 was drying, and I could have made a couple more!

The card base is very vanilla with a kraft cardstock layer over top. I took my night of navy marker and drew the dashed line around the outside, then mounted a navy cardstock panel (with side edges distressed with my fingernail) over top. The sailboat (Inkadinkado) is stamped on vanilla in navy ink, then edged in sahara sand - which seems to be the closest to kraft ink that we have.

The final touch is a punched semi-circle (I just took a circle punch and only put it halfway onto the paper) with a brass brad in the center, and the sentiment from All-Year Cheer in navy ink. Hopefully there will be someone tomorrow with a dad who likes to sail.

Wish me luck... I'll be back with a report tomorrow night and then, soon to come, details of what I have coming up on Saturday...

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

Everything you've created for this season is fantastic....looking forward to seeing what you create next. Joan