Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Quick update

So, today was the big fair. All the vendors agreed that traffic was pretty slow. But considering that, I'm happy with how I did - I sold twice as much as the last one, which still isn't a whole lot, but I'll take it! The only items I sold were cards (about 20) and domino necklaces. Nothing else. You just never know...

One good thing that happened was that another vendor, who happens to live one town over from me, invited me to apply for her November craft fair. It sounds like a good one, so I'm hoping that will work out.

I mentioned that I have another event on Saturday. This one is a fund-raiser for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Considering that my sister-in-law is in treatment right now, it felt like a really good thing to do. I was invited by someone who was also a vendor at the March fund-raiser I did.

My plan is to have a simple make and take Mother's Day card. I just got the set Wonderful Favorites so that people can make the card for any woman they want to send a card to, not just their mom. And it'll actually be generic enough that it wouldn't have to be for Mother's Day. I should have it posted soon - it's tough for me to come up with an idea that's simple enough, but I think I've got it figured out.

That's it for today - I'm awfully tired!

No comments: