Sunday, May 25, 2008

Karma wasn't with me today

I was almost done with my featured stamper challenge card this morning when one of the panels disappeared - I looked everywhere and I still don't know what happened to it. And I was attempting to recreate it when I realized that one of the stamps was also waylaid. Grr. I desperately need to clean my stamping space, but I guess I must feel less desperate about it than about other things since it never seems to get done. But anyway... I do like what I ended up with, but I was going for a less straightforward CASE than this is.

The featured stamper for the day is Denise (peanutbee) - I don't know if I've ever noticed her work before but I don't know how I missed it. It's just gorgeous! Check out her blog here for more on her work. When I looked at her gallery, my eye went right to this card and I knew that was the one. I kept the layout with all the same elements, but I made it a standard size card rather than square and I changed the stamped image. I used Denise's colors of very vanilla, so saffron and old olive but also added chocolate chip. That allowed me to swap some of the elements' colors.

Hm, what else do you need to know? The paper is from the Olive Press pack. This is the first I've used it - does anyone else find this paper difficult to work with? The flowers from Live Your Dream were colored with saffron, olive and chocolate chip markers, and to outline the petals I ran the side of the marker brush tip across the very edge before stamping. This really helps define the image because saffron on vanilla can be hard to see. The sentiment comes from Many Happy Returns.

I'm going to be scratching my head all day as to where that other panel went. Someday I'm sure to find it, and when I do I'll use it on a card!

No comments: