Sunday, May 11, 2008

I thought and I thought...

and then I finally made a card! I looked at the featured stamper challenge first thing this morning and picked this card of Jennifer's to CASE - but then I got stuck. I just kept coming back to it and finally, after dinner, I figured out what to do.

I kept Jennifer's layout, also made it a birthday card, and chose the Wonderful You stamp set because I loved her two-step stamping on her card. To get just the flowers and not the stems, I colored the solid flower with a bordering blue marker, avoiding the stem, and stamped onto vanilla cardstock. Then I colored the outline flower with chocolate chip and stamped over the blue. For the leaves I just inked up with stamp with mellow moss and outlined in chocolate chip again. Then I added the sentiment from Sincere Salutations and dirtied up the edges with chocolate chip. The organdy ribbon is from Paper Mart.

I liked Jennifer's dots but there's no mellow moss designer paper, so I used my Spunky Spots wheel with moss ink and cardstock. I used my corner rounder punch to make the scallop border on the bordering blue layer, then mounted on a chocolate chip panel and a vanilla card. The stamped flower layer was also on chocolate chip, so to set it off from the background I added another blue layer and scalloped the opposite edge. I dirtied all of the non-chocolate chip layers in the same way as the stamped panel.

There you have it - it was fun just making a card with no specific purpose in mind for it! This week I *have* to catch up on freelance work, and on Friday I'll be leaving town for the weekend, so I may be quiet this week, but I will try to at least have my Wednesday challenge as usual. And if my work goes well I'll see what else I can fit in, because you know a stamper with no time to stamp is not a happy stamper!

No comments: