Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I just can't help it

I keep reaching for my Wonderful You stamp set - especially if I need a masculine card. It's really been one of my go-tos lately.

I needed a thank you card for my lovely friends who put me up in Tallahassee this weekend - and I found the perfect card to CASE in the gallery of the most recent featured stamper, Dawn McVey. I've been known to browse Dawn's blog from time to time, so I was pleased to see her in the spotlight.

For my card I used mellow moss, always artichoke, and very vanilla. I made the main panel featuring the leaf stamps, then added a sentiment from Sincere Salutations. One thing I added was the linen background on the card base and the large artichoke panel - I'm not good at leaving things blank! The finishing touches were two vintage brads and vanilla taffeta ribbon. Since I'm putting this card in with a gift, I gave it lots of dimension - everything is up on dimensionals. I like this card a whole lot better than the one I made earlier today - now I can go to bed feeling like I redeemed myself, LOL!

No comments: