Friday, May 9, 2008

Yes, it really is possible...

to make a card without stamping! (I've actually done it before, but not more than once or twice!) That was the limited supply challenge today, and I was all ready to play this time.

I've had the die-cut blooms and Perfect Day rub-ons from the mini catalog for a little while, but hadn't really played with either till this card. This was the perfect opportunity, so I got both products out, along with the Summer Picnic paper, and got to work.

The first thing I did was the red flower, where I adhered the rub-on to the paper and cut it out. I love how cheery it looks! I did the same with the pumpkin flower. The blue flower is one of the die-cut blooms in bashful blue. The leaves use the old olive paper, and if I'd had more leaves I would have used them.

For the background I punched three rectangles from various papers and adhered them to a panel of the light blue paper. Then I added a layer of the olive paper onto a white card. To finish it off I chose an appropriate sentiment from the rub-on sheet and added a bit of the floral border strip. When I was ready to assemble the rest, I mounted the leaves flat and the flowers on dimensionals. This was really so fast to make - the rub-ons make it a breeze!

1 comment:

jjcreations said...

This is cool....colours and layout. Joan