Monday, May 5, 2008

Is this still a CASE?

The featured stamper on SCS yesterday was Kim, aka nutsymuhl, whom I had the pleasure to work with when I was a hostess for the VSN that she co-coordinated. She's a super sweet person and a great stamper, so I had to do something to honor her. But I think I veered so far away from Kim's beautiful card that I'm not sure I succeeded... what do you think?

I had one more of those fantastic Paper Inspiration stamps that I hadn't yet used. I picked Kim's card partly because it had a panel the right shape and size, and then I flipped the layout so that I could use it. What I didn't realize was that Kim had used one of Beate's sketches, and I try not to pick sketch challenge cards for the FS challenge since the layout came from someone else. But I ended up changing the layout a little anyway.

I went back to my Cosmo Cricket Souvenir papers, since they were (a) still out and (b) good for masculine cards. I chose three prints for the panels and coordinating (mostly) solid papers for the layers. The only cardstock is the Bazzill card base and matching layer for the stamped sentiment. It's done in chocolate chip ink.

When I went to put it all together, I knew I wanted to use brads instead of ribbon, so I shifted the stamped panel over from the sketch to make room for them. I also liked the asymmetry of it. I mostly made this card while playing a couple games of Scrabble with my mom - we always play when we're together, but usually we're both multitasking and doing something else at the same time! So you know this card was pretty quick and easy to do. Kim, hope you like it, and thanks for providing the inspiration!

No comments: